A Revolutionary Understanding of Embodying Yoga
With Christopher Tompkins and Shiva Rea
An Experiential Online Course
TAKE AN EXTRAORDINARY JOURNEY
the roots and evolution of yoga vinyasa in a revolutionary program never offered before in book or royce form. Immerse in the richness and depth of Yoga as it evolved from its earliest ritual origins.
an experiential way to connect your Self to the heart of a community of truth-seekers which has been evolving for 3,000 years.
a grounding and awakening in an understanding of yoga vinyasa as the sequence of embodied consciousness in the exquisite teachings of awakened masters--men and women dedicated to the refinement of Yoga as a practice and way of life that is relevant to modern times.
how the extraordinary teachings and practices of the Yoga Tradition can directly inspire, enhance, and empower your practice, teaching own life.
- Accessible online
- Live calls on Wedsneday evenings. If you can't attend the live session, recordings will be available within 24 hours
Each session will feature:
- A 80 minute darshana (‘insight’) session with Christopher Tompkins
- A 15 minute Contemplative Meditative practice based on the sacred text of each session to bring experiential realization of the roots of yoga alive with Shiva Rea
A FOUR PART COURSE / 6 SESSIONS EACH
Kindling the Heart Fire
The Vedic Origins of Yoga Vinyāsa
3000 B.C. to 100 B.C.
The Evolution of Classical Yoga
300 B.C. to 350 A.D.
Tantric Yoga Unveiled
4th to 14th centuries A.D.
The Post-Tantric Evolution of Hatha Yoga Vinyāsa
13th century to present
- The most comprehensive teaching on the History of Yoga ever designed for modern practitioners.
- Tantra. The first 'History of Yoga' Course ever to accurately reveal the central role of Tantra in the Evolution of Yoga.
- The Lost Vinyāsa of original Hatha Yoga practice, drawn from un-published Tantric texts.
- Life-changing wisdom and innovative practices spanning the Yoga Tradition's 4,000 year history, presented in language accessible to all students
- Original translations from the Sanskrit by Christopher of source texts of the Yoga tradition, 60% of which are currently un-published.
- Engaging course readings with each session that reflect the most accurate scholarship on the Yoga tradition to date; featuring beautiful manuscript artwork never before revealed.
- Facebook feedback and discussion with Shiva, Chris, and friends worldwide
- Meditations with Shiva based on the ‘The Evolution of Yoga as Embodied Ritual’ sacred text to create greater experiential realization to awaken your practice and teaching of yoga.
EACH PART IS 6 WEEKS LONG:
Available in Archive
Jan. 21st to Feb 25th
March 4th to April 8th
April 15th to May 20th
JOIN US EVERY WEDNESDAY AT 6PM PACIFIC / 9PM EASTERN OR LISTEN TO THE RECORDING WHEN YOU ARE READY VIA ARCHIVE.
NOTE TO SAMUDRA TEACHER TRAINEES: ENTIRE PROGRAM (PARTS I-IV) SUGGESTED FOR ALL
This program will replace book reports for any students in current program and for all new students entering Fall 2015 forward.
Part I and III required for 200 hr graduates
Part I, II, III required for 300 hr graduates
Part I through IV for for 500 hr graduates
Immerse yourself in "the most accurate scholarship on the Yoga tradition to date."
- Christopher Tompkins